Friday, January 15, 2010

Music of Freedom

Here is a poem I've been working on for a Homeschool Poetry Competition. The theme was freedom.

Music of Freedom

When I dance, when I sing, Oh how I feel free!
I hear the song of freedom raining down on me.

I hear the music of the street, light posts blinking, now and then.
People walking slowly by my house again
All seems to keep, the rhythm of the beat,
as I dance and as I sing.

Country horses run and move.
To my song with their beating hooves.
Makes me want to dance & sing
In the grass that is green, green, green.

Dancing in the country,
or singing in the city,
I always feel free.

3 comments:

  1. This is so good! You are amazing! I love how you describe how you feel! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for compition results, yay!

    ReplyDelete